Wales is easy to get to, just 25 miles from downtown Milwaukee, three miles south of I-94 and situated around two major county highways, Hwy 83 and 18. Today, the Village of Wales covers 1,443 acres and has 2,655 residents and nearly 100 businesses. Bordering communities such as Genesee Depot, Dousman and Delafield also offer an abundance of recreation choices and attractions. Nestled in the Kettle Moraine, Wales is surrounded by rolling hills, woodland areas and multiple lakes including the nearby beautiful Lapham Peak Park and Upper and Lower Nabobin Lakes.
The Hwy 83 corridor between I-43 at Mukwonago and WIS 16 at Hartland has had steady increases in traffic volume from area residential growth and commuters, bringing increased commerce and recognition to the area. To ensure safety as activity increases and accommodate further development, the DOT has approved a highway improvement plan, including a four-lane construction project and intersection roundabouts, which will be implemented over the next several years.
WALES AREA FACTS
- Median household income above state average
- Median house value above state average
- Unemployed percentage significantly below state average
- Renting percentage below state average
- Number of rooms per house above state average
- Six colleges are located within 25 miles
- Percentage of population with a bachelor’s degree or higher above state average
- Six major medical centers / hospitals are located within 25 miles
- Nine major colleges and universities within easy driving distance